The undergraduate and post graduate boys’ hostel of Raiganj University is named on famous ‘Swami Vivekananda’. The hostel established in the year of 1961 erstwhile Raiganj College (University College) under the University of North Bengal. Now the hostel is completely renovated for the proper accommodation and furnished with modern facilities. The hostel situated in the campus of the university which accommodates students of Science, Arts and Commerce departments of this university. The students from various disciplines take admission in this hostel from different districts of West Bengal. It is also notable that students not only come from West Bengal but also from other states/parts of India to take admission in this university to pursue their higher education.
Accommodation is provided to the boarders in well-furnished rooms and comfortable living conditions (Three boarders in each room). Admission fees in the hostel is Rs. 4700/- (including seat rent and electricity charges/per year) and no caution deposit is taken. The hostel mess run by the boarders. Following are some of the facts of the hostel appended below:
|Name of the Hostel/Residence||Vivekananda Chattrabas (Boys’ Hostel)|
|Number of present boarders||66|
|Name of the Superintendent||Shri Tanmay Chowdhury (from 02. 12.2013 onwards)|
|Contact||Office of the Hostel Superintendent, RGU|
|Sl. No||Name of the employee||Designation|
|1||Smt. Bharati Das||Cook|
|2||Shri Sudhir Ch. Sarkar||Helper|
|3||Shri Raju Mahanta||Helper|
Members of Hostel Committee (2016-17):
|Sr. No||Post||Name of the Member||Semester||Subject|
|1||Monitor||Samir Barman||2nd Semester, PG||Physics|
|2||Monitor||Ankit Shankar Dey||4th Semester, UG||Accountancy|
|3||Cultural Secretary||Sankar Golder||2nd Semester, PG||Philosophy|
|4||Head mess committee||Nimai Murmu||4th Semester, UG||Political Science|
|5||Game Secretary||Amarnath Rajbansi||4th Semester, UG||Accountancy|
Members of the Hostel monitoring Committee
- The Honourable Vice-Chancellor
- The Finance Officer
- Shri Barendranath Giri, Associate prof., Dept. of History
- Sakuntala Gupta, Asst. Prof., Dept. of Physics
- Shri Babulal Bala, Asst. Prof., Dept. of History
- Superintendent, Boys’ Hostel
- Superintendent, Girls’ Hostel
- Provide good quality food (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinar).
- Biomass Briquette cook stove in hostel kitchen useful for sustainable environment.
- Well furnished and spacious dining hall.
- In-campus play grounds for playing football, cricket, volleyball etc.
- Provision of Aqua guard water purifier with cooling facility for providing safe drinking water to the boarders.
- Godrej 240 L Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator (Silver Strokes, RT EON 240 C 2.4) for restoration.
- Videocon 124cm (50”) Full HD LED TV (Model no.- VMD50FH0Z/VNF50FH11FA) set in the dining hall.
- Wooden Board for Wall Magazine set in the dining hall.
- Availability of daily news paper and employment gazette.
- Availability of adequate number of fire extinguishers for fire fighting.
- Resident of Hostel Superintendent in the hostel premises for 24 hours monitoring.
- 24 hours security service.
- Doctor’s chamber in the hostel premises.
- Well furnished rooms for boarders (one wooden cot, one table, one book self, one hanger and one study chair for each boarder).
- Hi-Speed Wi-Fi.
- Grand meal provided on last day of every month.
Activities in the Hostel:
- Daily prayer conducted by the hostel boarders at evening and attendance maintained by them in attendance register.
- Birth day Celebration of Swami Vivekananda and Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- Annual Cultural Programme.
- Wall Magazine.
- Republic Day and Independence Day Celebration.
- Participation in different sports and cultural activities.
- Participation in Swach Bharat Mission and Tree Plantation.
Achievements of Boarders/Students:
Most of the students accommodated in the hostel are appointed in Schools, Colleges, Universities and nationalised banks and multinational companies. Some of them are qualified NET conducted by UGC.
Food chart for the boarders:
*Veg. = (Rice + Dal + Sabji + fry); Grand meal = Last day of every month
Breakfast: 8:00 – 9: 00 am, Lunch time: 1:00 pm -2:00 pm, Dinner time: 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Boarders at a glance:
Total no. of undergraduate students = 40 (1st yr= 27, 2nd yr= 10, 3rd yr = 03)
Total no. of post graduates =26 (Part-I= 22, Part-II=04)
Total no. of General category students: 07
Total no. OBC-A category students: 09
Total no. of SC category Students: 39
Total no. of ST students: 11
List of existing boarders
|Room no.||Name of the boarders||Subjects||Category||Semester|
|MD. SAHIN HOSSAIN||SERICULTURE||OBC-A||UG-I-(I)|
|4||ANUP KR. BARMAN||ENGLISH||SC||UG-I-(I)|
|BIKASH SARMA||POL. SCIENCE||GEN||PG-I-(II)|
|UJJAL KR. SINGHA||PHILOSOPHY||SC||UG-II-(IV)|
|7||NIMAI MURMU||POL. SCIENCE||ST||UG-II-(IV)|
|GOD KR. DAS||HISTORY||SC||UG-I-(I)|
|9||SADIKUL HOSSAIN AHMED||PHYSICS||GEN||PG-I-(II)|
|JOY PINTU SINGHA||EDUCATION||SC||UG-I-(I)|
|12||RASHIDUL IKBAL||POL. SCIENCE||OBC-A||PG-I-(II)|
|INDROJIT MANDAL||POL. SCIENCE||SC||PG-II-(IV)|
|ANKIT SH. DEY||ACCOUNTANCY||GEN||UG-II-(IV)|
|PRADIP ROY||POL. SCIENCE||SC||UG-I-(II)|
Shri Tanmay Chowdhury, Hostel Superintendent, Vivekananda Chattrabas, Office of the Boys’ Hostel, Raiganj University, Collegepara, Raiganj, Dist: Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, Pin-733134. Mob No.: 9475989904.