Sports Board Committee:
- The Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, Chairman of Sports Board
- The Registrar, Secretary of Sports Board
- Shri Biplab Chakraborty, Assistant Registrar & Sports Officer-In-Charge and Assistant Secretary of Sports Board
- Professor Sanjib Mandal, Professor, Department of Economics, Member
- Dr. Amit Kumar Mandal, Assistant Professor, Department of Sericulture & Estate Officer (Offg.), Member
- Dr. Arindam Metia, Assistant Professor, Department of Management, Member
- Ms. Atisha Sunar, Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, Member
- Mr. Tapan Nag, Senior Assistant, Member
- Ms. Mantu Ghosh, Office Assistant, Office of the Registrar, Member
- Anubrata Mukherjee, Student’s Representative, Member
- Kiran Kr Mahanta, Student’s Representative, Member
- Mr. Bablu Mahammad, University Blues, Member
- Mr. Satu Chowdhury, University Blues, Member
- Mr. Mukul Roy, University Blues, Member
Sports Board of Raiganj University believes in “Healthy body Healthy Mind” considering sports as the fundamental right to all. University is committed to spread the message of Swami Vivekananda that sports are the essential part of life. Sports Board of Raiganj University organizes various sports events frequently (both outdoor and indoor) for both boys and girls students in University campus and encourages students to take part in National & International level.
- To encourage health and fitness among the students
- To offer a effervescent sports environment
- To explore upcoming talented sports persons
- To extend the strong and healthy association between students via sports
- To enhance quality and high standard performance of sports
The office of the University Sports Board coordinates and executes the following functional activities.
Admission under Sports Quota
The candidates who want to apply in various UG and PG courses under Raiganj University shall have to apply through online mode only. After that he/she have to furnish original and attested copies of the certificate(s) related to sports to the Registrar, Secretary of the Sports Board. Sports board will further evaluate the potential candidature of the applicant using the below mentioned criteria:
- Candidate with State Representation merit/certificate (i.e., participation in Inter-State completion) or above in the sports and games recognized by the AIU.
- Candidate having position 1st/2nd/3rd for individual event/sports or member of Champion/Runners up team for team event/sports/games in Inter-Dist. (open) competition or above in the sports and games recognized by the A.I.U. Further, candidate having position 1st / 2nd in the Zonal Inter-University competition or having position 1st/2nd/3rd in the All India/Inter-Zonal Inter-University completion in the AIU conducted sports/games with percentage of marks/rank as fixed by the concerned faculty at qualifying examination is eligible to apply for admission under the sports quota. However, following criteria will be followed in case of Chess and Tennis for sports quota admission:
For Chess : Applicant having the FIDE rating 1700 and above along with the criteria specified above is eligible to apply for admission under the sports quota.
For Tennis : Applicant having the AITA ranking up to 300 for under 18 years boys/girls or ranking up to 500 for open (Men/Women) category is eligible to apply for admission under the sports quota. The rating/ranking for Chess & Tennis on the day / week of publication of advertisement for admission under sports quota is applicable.
Notes: In case of non availability of desired candidate in the sports quota, the vacant seats should be merged with the general quota.
- Award (Blue certificate, Blazer & Memento for prize winner) :Students who represent Rajganj University in District/ State/ All India Inter-University competition under the sponsorship of AIU at any event, is being given blue certificate and those who represent University successively three times in the same event, is being awarded by Blazer by the University. Mementos are awarded to the students those who win medals in individual or team event at District/State/All India Inter-University competition.
- Sports Inspiration :Sports Board shall organize a sports inspiration programme every alternate year / every two years to felicitate and motivate the student-participants of Raiganj University for their representation and outstanding sports achievements in the Inter-University sports / games in the presence of sporting legends.
- Award for Best Sports person of Raiganj University :This trophy is awarded to a student who will secure maximum points by representing the university and performing well at various State, /District/ All India Inter-University level competition in sports & games decided by the Sports Board. This trophy is awarded each year in the Annual Convocation.
- Participation in AIU Inter-University Sports & Coaching Camp :To bring out talented sports persons, Sports Board welcomes all the deserving students to participate in various Inter-University sports events such as Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Cricket, Tennis, Table Tennis, Kho-Kho, Badminton, Ball Badminton, Athletics, Weight & Power lifting, Yoga, etc. at Zonal, Inter-Zonal & All India Inter-University level. In support of participation, university run sports coaching camp for the above stated sports events as & when required under the supervision of part-time coaches and fitness & gym trainer.
- Participation other than Inter-University Tournament / Competition :Other than AIU Inter-University tournament, university teams / players also participate in other State / National / International level competitions like West Bengal Inter-University / Inter-College Tournament / State Championship / Inter-State (National) Championship & International competitions recognized by the competent authorities.
- University Intra-Mural Sports Activities :Sports Board of Raiganj University organizes Annual Sports, Inter-Department, Inter-Faculty competitions, celebrates “Independence Week” by organizing sporting activities and provides opportunity to participate in various Invitational & Friendly matches in the university campus. Sports Board also organizes Karate coaching programme with the aim to promote self defense activity and encourages Multi-Gym & Fitness Training throughout the year in the university for all the boy & girl students.
- Sports Facilities :Sports Board offers a vibrant sports environment with facilities of specious playgrounds, courts, gymnasiums along with the regular sports provision for all major sports and games in the university for the students and employees of Raiganj University.