The Department of Education started its journey with 37 undergraduate (UG) and 36 postgraduate (PG) students in 2016 under the guidance of Dr. P. Mondal, Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Raiganj University. At earlier stage, the classes of UG & PG were managed by Dr. P. Mondal, invited guest faculties and visiting professors regularly. For the first time, Choice Based Semester system (CBSS) was implemented in undergraduate and post-graduate level syllabus in 2017.The medium of instruction is English.At the outset of 2020, five substantive faculties (one Associate Professor and four Assistant Professors) were appointed by the university authority and the department received a new spurt to continue its academic and research assignments. Recently, the Board of Research Studies is constituted by the Hon’ble Vice Chancellor and the department also adopted its timely initiative to introduce M. Phil and Ph. D courses from the academic session 2020-21.
|Level & Nature of the Programs||Degrees Approved/Offered|
(Evening/ Self Financed)
✱ BA (Programme Course) also offered by this Department as aided & self financed basis.
Objectives of the UG Program:
● To foster the holistic development of the learners by imparting them updated knowledge and proficiency so that academic excellence can be attained.
● To make them theoretically sound regarding the recent trends of knowledge domain in education as well as the means to ensure sustainable development.
● To create condition to enable the learner to apply the theoretically acquired knowledge into practical life-centric situation and enhance community engagement through practicing social skills, humanism and tolerance.
Objectives of the PG Program:
● To impart advanced knowledge and skills to further the continuum of academic excellence.
● To generate positive attitude among the learners towards the process of learning and research.
● To stir up the spirit of enquiry and experimentation of the learners by enabling them to utilize the material and technological resources of the department.
To sensitize the learners regarding the inclusive nature of society, their responsibilities and social obligations as well as to inculcate humanism and tolerance.
Specialization of the UG Program (if any):N/A
Specialization of PG Program (if any):Yoga and Health Education, Special Education, Computer Education, Life Skills Education.
The Department has following research areas of interest as thrust area—
● Teacher Education
● English Language Education
● Education Technology
● Environment Education
● Teaching Effectiveness & Job Satisfaction
● Technological Advancement
● Current Psycho-social Problems
● Educational Psychology
● Mental Health & Life Skills
Number of Events Organized: 2
In 2015: Nil
In 2016: Nil
In 2017: Nil
In 2018: Nil
In 2019: Nil
In 2020: 2
1. Collaborated with Kalna College (West Bengal), Mahatma Gandhi Central University (Bihar) and Ramkrishna Mission Shikshanmandira (Belur Math)in a One Week National Level Online Workshop on “Techno-Pedagogy and Research Methodology” on 17th - 23rd July 2020.
2. Organized a One-day National Level Webinar titled ‘Digital Divide in Higher Education: Challenges and Probable Way-outs” on 16th August 2020.
Department of Education,
Main Building Annex (Back Side Wing)
West Bengal-733 134, India
Head/ Coordinator: email@example.com(Dr.Amal Kumar Chakrabarty)